SAP ABAP HANA AWS IssuesPosted: February 11, 2014 Filed under: HANA, SAP Leave a comment
Many a times the HANA instance doesn’t work even though CAL shows green status. We can try just restarting or use the below steps.
- Connect to the instance via putty
- On the command prompt please execute cat /etc/hosts
and check if the ip address of the instance is correctly mapped to the hostname
- Switch user via command: su – a4hadm
- Execute the commands:
ABAP status: sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetProcessList
HANA status: sapcontrol -nr 02 -function GetProcessList
- If everything is green you have a connectivity problem this means SAP GUI can’t connect via
your VPN connection to the instance.
- If either of the services shows gray or not green, you have to option to restart the complete
instance via the CAL console or you refer to the description in paragraph 8.2
of the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45725
which describes how you manually start and stop the services.